As you know, how important skates play their role in the sport of hockey. Having the best pair of hockey laces is an advantage for a better feel and keeping the skates tight and in place. It may be difficult for some people to find the best hockey skate laces as they come in multiple colors and sizes. So in order to make this task simple and easy, we have compiled a list of the market’s best hockey skate laces. Let’s have a look at hockey skates laces review 2023;
Best Hockey Skate Laces
|Laces Model||Size (Inches)||Color||Price|
|Elite Waxed Lace||72", 84", 96", 120", 130"||Multiple Colors||See Price|
|A&R Striker Skate Laces||84", 96", 108", 120"||Green||See Price|
|Derby Roller Laces||72"||Pink||See Price|
|Proguard Classic Lace||72", 96", 108", 120"||Multiple Color Choices||See Price|
|Silfrae Waxed Laces||72", 84", 96", 108||Green, Yellow, Pink||See Price|
The Elite Prolace skate laces are one of the best-selling hockey laces we found online. They allow your skates to stay tight and keep your foot in place during playing hockey. These hockey laces come with the molded tips which make them lace up very easily. You have multiple choices to select from as they are available in different colors such as black, white, red, orange, purple, yellow, Columbia blue, lime green, neon pink, royal blue, and silver-grey which give a great look to your hockey skates. These Elite waxed skate laces also come in various sizes 72″, 84″, 96″, 108″, 120″ and 130″.
- The Elite waxed hockey socks are the best-selling hockey skate laces.
- You will never regret spending on these hockey skate laces as they are more durable and quality laces available at a very reasonable price.
- The effect of wax may reduce over time.
The A&R USA hockey laces are constructed with a double layer of yarn and they are perfect for those who like to tighten their skates firmly. Paraffin wax is used in these skate laces to make them soft and smooth so that you can fasten laces quite easily. Their fused molded tips keep the laces in place on the skates. They are available in eight different colors including yellow, red, orange, silver, lime, pink, purple and royal. There are many size options available in these hockey skate laces such as 72″, 84″, 96″, 108″, and 120″. Normally for women, 72″ size is perfect and for men, 96″ is fine.
- Not bad to invest in this pair of A&R skates laces as they are available at a very low price.
- They come in multiple colors so you can match them with your hockey skates.
- The tips are a little bit longer which does not look nice.
- The wax used in these skate laces vanishes after quite some time.
It is the best-selling hockey lace with 100% positive feedback from the customers. The best thing about this lace is that it can be used with normal casual boots, derby skates, and ice skates. This waxed lace helps a player to achieve maximum performance level keeping the skates tight and firm. The Derby lace features tri-folded tips which are more durable as compared to ordinary lace tips. A combination of different fiber materials is used in the production of derby ice hockey laces which are very soft to touch and easy to lace up the stripes. The manufacturer offers various different colors and sizes to make the task for the buyer easier to choose the desired pair of hockey laces.
- It is multi-skate lace i.e. can be used with ice hockey skates, derby skates, figure skates, etc.
- It is very sturdy and long-lasting hockey lace.
- There is no drawback to these derby skate laces.
If you are looking for cheap hockey skate laces, the Proguard classic laces are the best option for you. These skate laces are non-waxed and made of good quality carbon material. They are more sturdy and durable so you can use them roughly with your hockey skates. The Proguard skate laces are available in 72″, 84″, 96″, 108″ and 120″ sizes. They come in 5 different colors white, white boxed, pink, red, and royal. These are recommended for adult and junior hockey players.
- It is highly flexible and soft.
- Comes at a very reasonable price.
- There has not been any negative aspect of these laces reported so far.
The Silfrae hockey skate laces are made of durable and sturdy carbon material. It prolongs the life of laces without destroying them. These are multi-sport supported that can be worn with ice hockey skates, boots, roller skates, roller derby skates, and speed skates. They come in multi-colors and sizes so it becomes easy for a player to select the right hockey skate laces as per their preferences. Highly recommended for youth and intermediate-level hockey players.
- You will get two pairs (2x2Pcs) at the price of one.
- They are protected by the manufacturer’s money-back guarantee.
- The color may be a concern of these hockey stripes. Suppose, if you order black laces, you will probably receive navy blue which is not a big deal.
Waxed Vs Unwaxed Hockey Skate Laces
Both waxed and unwaxed laces have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of Waxed Laces
- They are easy to put through skate eyelets.
- Easily tight and stay tight for longer.
Disadvantages of Waxed Laces
- After a few times of usage, it becomes greasy and looks dirty.
- Sometimes snap itself.
Advantages of Un-Waxed Laces
- Cheaper as compared to waxed laces.
- It comes in a variety of colors.
- Easy to tight and loose.
Disadvantages of Un-Waxed Laces
- They don’t have fused tips
- Not last long
- Does not dry quickly
There is a number of brands offering different models of hockey skate laces. Following are the three top brands of hockey skate laces;
- The Elite Hockey
- A&R Sports
- The Pro Guard
Hockey Skate Laces Sizing
Generally, the hockey skate laces come in different sizes. To find your skate laces size, follow the sizing chart given below;
Note. The skate laces sizing chart is just for reference but the actual size of laces may vary.
We hope our list of the above-reviewed skate laces will make it easier for you to choose the best hockey skate laces as per your hockey skate requirements. So if you still have questions or concerns, shoot us an email or write us down in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to help you out.
Worth to check out the best hockey skates review